YouCast allows you to subscribe to channels and playlists on YouTube as video and audio podcasts in any standard podcatcher (e.g. iTunes, BeyondPod on Android, etc.).
- Subscribe to any channel's public video uploads.
- Subscribe to any public playlist on YouTube.
- Get audio-only feeds (for faster downloads).
- Sort the videos by popularity (awesome for huge channels, like TED Talks)
- Run YouCast at home and access it from everywhere on the internet, not just your home network.
- Limit the amount of videos in any feed (helps with users with thousands of videos).
- Use YouCast from any device in your network: iPhone, Android, Tablet. (Just open the incoming port 22703 on your firewall and paste the URL in your favorite podcatcher)
To get a URL for a podcast:
- Open YouCast
- Enter a YouTube channel's username or playlist ID.
- Choose audio or video quality (the better the quality the bigger the file).
- Generate and copy the podcast URL.
- Paste the URL in your favorite Podcatcher.
- While your podcatcher is updating podcasts YouCast must be running.